Global Disaster Relief Fund - Crisis In Ukraine
We’ve Worked in Ukraine for Decades
Ukraine’s estimated 200,000 Jews rely on the strong presence built up through years of Federation support that is today serving as a lifeline for the community. Through our partner agencies JDC, The Jewish Agency for Israel, and World ORT, we’re there on the ground every day of the year, helping the most vulnerable and supporting programming to help younger generations reimagine Jewish life where it was all but destroyed.
But Today, The Need is Different
As the crisis in Ukraine escalates, thousands have come under fire in areas across the country. Thousands more have fled the fighting. Federations are planning to allocate millions of dollars to our partner agencies on the ground. Immediate and short-term needs already total about $24.5 million.
Emergency funding will focus on:
- Helping people make Aliyah to Israel
- Securing the local community and its institutions
- Maintaining critical welfare services
- Assisting internally displaced people in multiple locations.
- Launching an emergency hotline
- Securing temporary housing for people in transit
- Purchasing satellite phones to maintain communications across the region
- Securing five Jewish schools and training staff to manage crisis needs
It is because we’re always there, day after day, year after year, that we can deliver hope and help now when it is so desperately needed!