JDC Salud! Celebrating Jewish Life in Mendoza, Argentina
Event Date and Time:
June 17 @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Please join us at this unique opportunity to learn about Jewish life in Mendoza, and explore the largest wine region in Argentina, well-known for its Malbec.
Tour the wineries and vineyards, hear from a local wine expert, and learn about the history and personal family story with Julio Camsen & Ana Manulis de Camsen, active members of the Jewish community and founders of the Huentala Winery in Mendoza.
Meet the President of the Jewish community and learn about Jewish life and JDC’s COVID-19 response, direct assistance, and capacity building programs.
All participants are asked to please register using the RSVP link: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMvceqhrDwqEtYKMdEIDugfz4XKTPCqwU_T
You are encouraged to purchase 1-2 bottles of Argentinian wine from the list below so that you can taste these wines together with the sommelier from Mendoza during the event.
The following are recommended Malbec wines available for purchase in U.S. stores:
• Baron Rothschild Flechas De Los Andes Malbec — Kosher
• Trapiche Malbec Oak Cask
• Guillermo de Mendoza Malbec — Kosher
• Catena Malbec
• Trapiche Broquel Malbec
• El Secreto 2016 — Kosher
• Achaval-Ferrer Malbec 2017/2018
• Mendel Malbec 2008/2009
• Trapiche Malbec Venturin 2006
• Bramare Malbec Lujan 2007/2009
• Bramare Malbec Marchiore 2012/2013
• Achaval-Ferrer Malbec Altamir 2013
• Catena Zapata Malbec Argent 2006
• Catena Zapata Malbecata 2013/2014